Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Time to Take Flight



Packing was a struggle for me because I didn’t know what all to bring. Sooooooo I packed pretty much everything. My suitcase was big...VERY big and it fit everything. I thought it was going to be a breeze the next day. Well, it wasn’t. My bag was overweight by 35 pounds so I had to pay about $100 for it. Then they tell me my bag is over-sized which cost me about another $175. --___-- You could just imagine how upset I was....I mean that’s $275 that I could have used in Costa Rica!!! LOL When taking my bag down off the scale I dropped it on my foot and broke my big toenail. I messed up my newly done pedicured toe and had to walk around in Costa Rica for 3 whole weeks with half my toenail missing. Other than that the flight was fantastic, seeing how I slept the whole time there.
Such a BEAUTIFUL view

      After a two hour flight to Atlanta, and another four hour flight to Costa Rica, we had finally arrived late at night. All 11 of us got in a van, and made our way to our new home. We lived in gated, 3 bedroom/ 2 bathroom apartments. I rushed in the bottom apartment hoping to find the best room for me and my sister. I run into the first bedroom which had two beds and its own bathroom. At first, i thought this is definitely our room! Then I walk into the bathroom, and surrounding the bottom of the sink were three dead cockroaches. Ewwww right. Knowing how much of a bug freak my sister is, I quickly found the next best room for us. Yea, we had to share the bathroom with two other people, but at least there weren’t any cockroaches lying around.

After picking rooms, we were given these cheap rinki dink cell phones so that we could keep in contact with each other and of course, EVERYBODY was worried about connecting to the wi-fi. In order to get the phones to work, we had to call an operator, who only spoke Spanish, to have them turned on. You can already imagine how that worked out. Exactly....it didn’t. Only about four of us actually got our phones to work and of course the passwords for the wi-fi weren’t working either. Typical North Americans...lost not knowing what to do with their lives without internet. lol First night in Costa Rica ended with us sadly not getting anything done.
Home
Living Room
                                                                                    
Kitchen/Laundry Room



Bedroom

Rink a Dink Cell Phones

2 comments:

  1. This experience is going to change your entire outlook on life. I am so proud of you. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the details of your trip. Someday, I hope to make it to Costa Rica. Your pictures and story inspire me!

    ReplyDelete